Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new Hyosung project

5 posters

Go down

My new Hyosung project Empty My new Hyosung project

Post by pandp Sat 11 May 2013 - 14:53

Just picked this up this morning....first time using a trailer and i was shitting myself, 60 mile round trip to Dagenham and my satnav took me all the country roads back.

Anyway, 2007 GTR125.....been stood for two years and as you can see it's far from roadworthy....think it still has a few hundred left in that chain and sprocket though Very Happy

My new Hyosung project DSCF0403_zps0147c1ae
My new Hyosung project DSCF0411_zps54522982
My new Hyosung project DSCF0410_zps2c0ed560
My new Hyosung project DSCF0409_zpsdaea7a5b
My new Hyosung project DSCF0408_zps1a720cde
My new Hyosung project DSCF0407_zpsc473696d
My new Hyosung project DSCF0406_zpsbed420a6
My new Hyosung project DSCF0405_zpsd94630e5
My new Hyosung project DSCF0404_zps59787017
I have had a quick look over the bike...it was sold as spares so i didn't expect too much....battery is showing a charge but seller stated the ignition was fooked....his words not mine...first thing i noticed was the two wires from the negative side of the battery....the thinner wire looks burnt out....that wire then goes into the loom which i think then supplies the earth from the switches etc....my thought is to replace the loom but i don't want to spend if the bike really is fooked....instead i'll break it....is there a way to try to get the engine to turn.....basically i want to test if the engine is any good....if it is i'll do the bike up....ideas anyone?
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

My new Hyosung project Empty Re: My new Hyosung project

Post by Cloud. Sat 11 May 2013 - 15:22

Mine's just gone through an MOT in worse condition than that.

Does the engine casing have "HYOSUNG" stamped on the side? That's a good indication that the engine will be fine.

Worth saving IMO.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 May 2013 - 15:54

Chain ............ I'd say only a few METRES left in it Shocked Shocked Shocked

I reckon you should charge the battery and then once fully charged see what lights up/ works etc. and see if anything smokes Wink

From there you'll have a better idea of how good/bad the loom is Smile

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Sat 11 May 2013 - 16:43

Cloud. wrote:Mine's just gone through an MOT in worse condition than that.

Does the engine casing have "HYOSUNG" stamped on the side? That's a good indication that the engine will be fine.

Worth saving IMO.

Trust me mate....it looks far better in the pictures Laughing Definitely a genuine Hyo engine mate
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Sat 11 May 2013 - 16:49

Admin wrote:Chain ............ I'd say only a few METRES left in it Shocked Shocked Shocked

I reckon you should charge the battery and then once fully charged see what lights up/ works etc. and see if anything smokes Wink

From there you'll have a better idea of how good/bad the loom is Smile

Baz

Lol....are you sure with the chain Baz? Looks pretty good to me.....took me ages to get off, damn links were solid.

I just stuck my other battery on and nothing....i then twisted the steering back and forth and i got a light on the dash flicker.....messed with the wires and the dash lights up.....engine cranks but wont start and i don't expect it to.....fuel is aged so will need draining. After cranking for a while the negative lead (thin wire or around that area) started to smoke....i have cut the black plug and put the rest of the wire straight to negative....i think this will need a loom.

Tomorrow i am going to drain the tank and remove the carbs, if the airbox is anything to go the carbs must be caked in crap.
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Mon 13 May 2013 - 11:08

UPDATE - Carbs stripped and cleaned....engine oil drained, all parts including mesh cleaned...new oil and filter....fresh petrol in the tank and then borrowed the battery off my bike....

....managed to fire it up but it sounded terrible. On closer inspection it would appear that the front exhaust pipe is totally rotten right where it connects to the head....the rest of it is not that good either so possibly new system needed....needs new tank and i can't really test the engine due to the exhaust.....i may very well be breaking this one or it will cost me in the long run....shame, nice bike.
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Mon 13 May 2013 - 19:45

Looks like Cloud was right about the engine working ok. The trouble with wiring faults is that you don't know what anyone has done to it and so don't know if the fault is due to adventurous tinkering or something going wrong. Unless you have a tame electrician in you neck of the woods, you are probably close to right about breaking it or getting another loom. Looks like there's some good stuff on the bike but it looks like the bike has never had a days sympathy judging by the state of that chain. Was there much on the sump filter screen by the way?
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Mon 13 May 2013 - 19:46

The trailer looks ok to me mate, did you fit a drop plate already?
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Mon 13 May 2013 - 21:31

I agree Geof, someone had had a tinker with the wiring, i managed to sort out the dodgy connections to enable a start up. Sadly the engine is stuffed, very loud metallic noise so bent valve maybe?

I didn't find much on the sump screen but the sump bolt magnet looked like a christmas tree...lots of metal deposits.

Bike is 80% stripped and engine out already. No point in trying anything and laready lots of interest in the parts. I can't believe people treat bikes that way and leave them to rot.

Yes i fitted the drop plate Geof, the plate has the option of 4 or 6 inch drop, dropped it 4 and it felt good.
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Mon 13 May 2013 - 22:20

Hope that you get enough interest to make on the deal. Shiney stuff fetches good prices.... best get the polish out Very Happy Ha ha
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Tue 14 May 2013 - 6:23

Exactly what i said to my partner yesterday. Once everything is removed it will then be cleaned.
The TMC endcan is puzzling though. once i removed the four bolts this is what i was left with....is the part at the end of the exhaust pipe part of the endcan? if it is i can't sell the can because it's all welded to the pipe.
My new Hyosung project DSCF0421_zpscf03378c
My new Hyosung project DSCF0420_zps0f43eb61
My new Hyosung project DSCF0419_zpse27dc4e8
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Tue 14 May 2013 - 8:52

Odd, shame I was gunna ask about the exhaust as I want to replace mine but funds are tight due to selling home and moving Neutral
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 May 2013 - 18:09

pandp wrote:Exactly what i said to my partner yesterday. Once everything is removed it will then be cleaned.
The TMC endcan is puzzling though. once i removed the four bolts this is what i was left with....is the part at the end of the exhaust pipe part of the endcan? if it is i can't sell the can because it's all welded to the pipe.
My new Hyosung project DSCF0421_zpscf03378c
My new Hyosung project DSCF0420_zps0f43eb61
My new Hyosung project DSCF0419_zpse27dc4e8

That's EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD BE Paul Wink

The flange is part of the stock pipes and mine was EXACTLY the same mate .............. so get that MTC can on Ebay , though it does look like the BAFFLE is missing rabbit

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Tue 14 May 2013 - 20:15

How much for the exhaust Paul inc p&p, will find a slip in baffle if needs be, plus will be ok to fit to 650?
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 May 2013 - 21:29

Just so you know Jon , it wouldn't fit MY 650 ............ mine has a 3 bolt pattern unlike the 250/125's FOUR BOLT PATTERN ............. not sure about your GV mate Wink

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Tue 14 May 2013 - 23:06

Cheers Baz, That's good to know. Atleast i can get it cleaned and on ebay tomorrow, need to try to get some cash back. Been listing items once cleaned today.

Not even thought about a price Jon, i usually leave to auction if unsure....any idea how much i should be looking for Baz?

Can doesn't have a baffle.
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Wed 15 May 2013 - 12:53

The GV has the 4 bolt system
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Wed 15 May 2013 - 18:36

Am open to offers Jon but will be listing it tomorrow as i need to get some cash back.
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Thu 16 May 2013 - 8:40

Would make offer mate, but till I move in July I'm not allowed to go spending on the bike Sad
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Thu 16 May 2013 - 13:27

dragonpage wrote:Would make offer mate, but till I move in July I'm not allowed to go spending on the bike Sad
Sounds like you have a minister for health and internal finance...just like I have! Very Happy
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Thu 16 May 2013 - 13:51

If i was working Jon i would be happy to wait for the cash but given i don't have a job i am under so much pressure to try to meet the bills at the end of the month. Makes me feel bad mate because i will help anyone out as much as i can but it's out of my hands Crying or Very sad
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Thu 16 May 2013 - 17:53

Don't worry about it Paul, you sell em to highest bidder mate, I'm in no major rush have stock exhaust since owning bike, another few months won't make any difference to me, you got to put family first! Smile
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Sat 18 May 2013 - 13:37

Cheers Jon, it's really not in that good a condition mate. Anyway i don't think it will go for much but it's on ebay
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down