Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Hyo ongoing project

+2
dragonpage
Commuter
6 posters

Go down

Non Hyo ongoing project Empty Non Hyo ongoing project

Post by Commuter Sat 4 May 2013 - 13:51

Here are a few pictures of my non Hyo project. I have owned the bike for about 7 years during which time it has undergone a gradual transformation. Most significant changes were made in the rolling chassis. I stripped the original 19" front and 18"rear wheels down and rebuilt them with 21" rim at the front and 19" at the rear.Non Hyo ongoing project Triump10
The bike is a 1963 home market sports model Triumph Tiger Cub 200cc. The engine in the foreground is all part of the project. It is one of the last Tiger cub engines to be produced by Triumph ( in modern talk , you could say that its about a mark 10 cub engine) and contains a high compression piston, large inlet valve, hot cam and close ratio gearbox of which some parts are standard items which were found on some cub engines and some were optional extras which were made by triumph for the cub and were available via your friendly woodbine smoking dealer back in the days when 20 a day was considered to be good for you.
I am also considering changing the alternator wiring to allow the bike to run on 12 volts instead of 6volts.
Non Hyo ongoing project Triump11
That front brake is absolutely horrendously weak and so riding style has to incorporate outrageous angles of lean in order to accomodate forgetting to brake 50 yards before I normally do... and also incorporates leaving a massive gap between me and the vehicle in front. Riding in aa group is a nightmare because people hang back thinking that I cant keep up and we just get progressively more and more slow. I tell people to just go and I will make my own way. I then deliberately set off 5 minutes later in order that I dont ruin their enjoyment. I have toyed with the idea of making a disc brake set up for it but am deturmined to get the brakes to work better since I believe that it is possible.
Non Hyo ongoing project Triump12
Those of you with eagle eyes will spot that it is taxed. I have kept it taxed and tested since i bought it and it will remain that way. Next up is a respray of the tin ware and a sporty little petrol tank. I am more or less stuck with the colour scheme since any other colour for this year and model would just be wrong.
Let's see some of your projects! Idea
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Non Hyo ongoing project Empty Re: Non Hyo ongoing project

Post by dragonpage Sat 4 May 2013 - 18:34

Nice project, certainly shows how far bikes have come in the last 50 years
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Sat 4 May 2013 - 18:43

Shees a beauty. Id love to do a project like that.
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by pandp Sun 5 May 2013 - 6:54

Seen that bike in the flesh and what a beauty she is Smile
pandp
pandp

Back to top Go down

Post by stoo2k Tue 14 May 2013 - 11:11

Beautiful bike.

stoo2k

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 18:58

A quick update: have resprayed the tinware and rebuilt the forks... still cant get that front brake to act right. More piccys soon.
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by mark lawrence Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 15:26

Nice job looks awesome
mark lawrence
mark lawrence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content