Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to start or not to start that is

5 posters

Go down

to start or not to start that is  Empty to start or not to start that is

Post by Nigel_Lyon Tue 12 Nov 2013 - 9:09

the stupid bloody annoyance lol

onwards with the query at hand

anyway hyosung gt 125 r bike has one other owner from new (jan 2009)was stood from about a year from what he dealer told me but i take histories with a pinch of salt after all i have his word for it only ..... i think i have a stater motor problem , i press the start button and i hear the relay just click with every press but no turn over i put it in gear then out with still no joy, what i'm now doing when she decides not to work is choke on full, 1st gear, clutch in, roll forward let the clutch out and hit start butan and away we go :-)

Thanks for reading
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

to start or not to start that is  Empty Re: to start or not to start that is

Post by Admin Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 21:08

First off , sounds like the battery more than the starter motor .............. Hyo batteries are well known for being absolutely useless ( my 650R is on it's 3rd battery ) Shocked Shocked 

I would also check that the side stand switch is clean ( another Hyo idiosyncrasy ) ...............

May be trying to teach my Granny to suck eggs here but have you checked the fuel ? If the big has been stood a long time , then maybe the fuel has gone stale ( it can go off and dry out leaving a gooey residue behind , which is a nightmare to clean out of your carbs etc. )

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 21:30

it was stood up until i bought it 5th sept 2013 showroom gave it a minimal service the trip home was about 50 mile and i've put on nearly 900 miles since purchase so lots of fuel has gone in , will deffo check the side stand trigger possibly tomorrow and end of the month a new battery will be on order Cheers

currently on order are rear hugger from skidmarx have a 7- 10 day wait while they make me a fresh from mould and from wemoto iridium spark plugs, oil filter, chain and sprocket set

hmm thinking on will have to give the carbs a clean just so i know they are done :-)
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 1:46

oddly i seem to have remedied the problem Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised 

to start or not to start that is  Wp_00011

to start or not to start that is  Wp_00012

to start or not to start that is  Wp_00013

to start or not to start that is  Wp_00014

this was squashed between the fairing and solenoid, bike has started everytime first time since removed, guessing it was interfering with the electro magnetic field being generated and mis aligning the internal connections , how cool does that sound , stupid D-lock end

Last edited by Nigel_Lyon on Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 1:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Attachment of more pics)
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:51

Strange , but glad you've sorted it mate Wink 

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Mon 18 Nov 2013 - 2:24

Cheers for the advice , wouldn't of spotted it if I hadn't ran a multimeter test on the battery and checked the terminals to the sol :-)

Happy days
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 6:01

Did some service on Tuesday to the bike, oil + filter , sparks,
2nd hand dealership didn't do a thing while they had her , oil needed changing about the time of Moses , pulled an half inch dome of iron fillings off the sump plug magnet and sparks where completely worn down to a point finer then a small sowing needle with carbon encrustment, the poor girl Sad
Now she's running smoother, I am encountering a bit of a flat spot between the 8k - 9.5k range on the rpm when backing down in 5th (before and after essential service) any ideas anyone?
And I've noticed the CDI unit has 250 stamped on it , take it this is a mod ?

Cheers
Nige
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 6:43

When my 125 had a flat spot arround that rev range it ended up that that carbs just needed a damn good clean. Easy enough if you dont mind taking stuff apart or a couple hours labour at a decent bike shop.
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 7:43

having to relearn all this im happy to put things back together, next week for carbs , its up round 62mph to 66ish, workin 2 jobs atm 1full 1pt Very Happy
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 13:42

Strewth.

Mine will pretty easily get to 85mph, even with one piston gnawing on the cylinder bore.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:09

Top on this so far is 76 , exhaust still has restricters in place, lookin at scorpion full exhaust system for after Xmas, current one is rusting from can bolts to the 2in1 box, my ass weighing in at nearly 14st doesn't help plus the maybe 2stone in clothing and 4kgs in my backpack, anyway happier note my hugger from skidmarx turned up today cant wait to put it on Very Happy:)Very Happy
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Sat 23 Nov 2013 - 23:14

I've got a derestricted, refurbished & powder-coated exhaust you can have for cheap if you like.

Better than new for half the price?
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 7:41

Ty sir , would rather the cash went in house Very Happy pm your price my dear fellow

hip hip

(feeling odd this morning)
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 17:22

Possibly just limited by gear ratios then. But they're only meant to go 68mph on the spec sheet, so you're doing well. I had my GT125 for about 36 hours before I'd ordered a new pair of sprockets and a new chain.

The rear huggers should come as standard IMO, they make the bike look much better.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by edwardo1974 Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 15:01

is there a cdi mod for the 2006 gt 125 r to cut the flat spot
edwardo1974
edwardo1974

Back to top Go down

Post by edwardo1974 Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 15:02

and if i buy a exhaust from motohinion complete system will there be no restrictors
edwardo1974
edwardo1974

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigel_Lyon Sat 8 Feb 2014 - 22:52

hello all, hope you've all had a grand new year,

Couple of things to update

Finally got a new starter motor imported from Korea, if anyone enquires its £22 import duty

Rear hugger from skidmarx is POO , had the rear tyre replaced road off out the garage and heard an odd noise, pulled over and there's no space between the hugger and tyre for stones and chippings to pass through, completely knackered £80's worth of glass fibre, there was no room at the bore hole points for it to be adjusted, one size fits all attitude Sad

Cdi (as I've just caught up) I have a 250 box on mine and finally got round to giving the carbs a good clean out, she's been running alot smoother ever since

Fork pinch bolts, also upgraded my front tyre to a conti from a sharkoon somethin or other, anyway look at the under side of your forks these bolts are exposed to the elements and get clogged up with dirt and salt grit, if capable remove them, clean out the threads also remember which order they came out as 2 bolts differ to the other 2 and finally grease them up and refit Smile

anyone recommend a new hugger ?

Hope all the above helps

Be safe all
Nigel_Lyon
Nigel_Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Sun 9 Feb 2014 - 1:27

Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down