Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#cloudstuff

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

#cloudstuff Empty #cloudstuff

Post by Cloud. Sat 11 May 2013 - 17:20

Pink carbs. Not that you can see them on the bike.
#cloudstuff 10718hx

Forum avatar made into a decal. There's also one on the tail.
#cloudstuff Sex7ao

A photo of how far off my wheel angle was, before I replaced the rear swingarm.
#cloudstuff 2ui84fd
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

#cloudstuff Empty Re: #cloudstuff

Post by joel352 Sat 11 May 2013 - 17:30

Wow your swingarm was a bit bent.
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Sat 11 May 2013 - 18:08

riotous set of carbs Cloud! I have never seen a swinging arm which was so far out. How? There's just got to be a tail behind that!
The bike looks to be most business-like by the way. It looks good.
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Sat 11 May 2013 - 18:21

The issue with the swingarm is why I got the bike cheap.

The sprocket retention nut had come loose, allegedly at 80mph, the sprocket came off, smashed a chunk out the engine casing, and the sprocket cover, the chain ran off the rear sprocket, gnawed into the carrier, locked the wheel, and annihilated the swingarm.

The previous owner had put as much back together as necessary to sell it on. I didn't realise how far off it was for a week or so. But I did it all properly; new swingarm, took the opportunity to refresh all the suspension linkages, new retention nut, and even went as far as upgrading the weedy 428 pitch chain and sprockets to much superior x-ring 520 pitch as is on the GT250.

I'm still not sure if I like the red.
My other bike is red and white, and it works. But the Hyosung is a much more solid bit of machinery, and there's one in silver on ebay at the moment that looks like a Hayabusa, it looks more grown-up, more serious, and I like that.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Sun 12 May 2013 - 4:09

#cloudstuff 970dwz
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Sun 12 May 2013 - 8:22

I have not always liked a full red bike but yours stands out with all the graphics on it. It looks good.
BTW I do like your drwaing of the BMW and the lambo police car in the background Wink
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Sun 12 May 2013 - 9:22

Cloud. wrote:The issue with the swingarm is why I got the bike cheap.

The sprocket retention nut had come loose, allegedly at 80mph, the sprocket came off, smashed a chunk out the engine casing, and the sprocket cover, the chain ran off the rear sprocket, gnawed into the carrier, locked the wheel, and annihilated the swingarm.

Quite a nasty event. I guess the moral to the tail is to make sure that the sprocket nut is properly tight and the tab washer is engaged properly. 80 mph... seems like somebody was lucky.
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Sun 12 May 2013 - 18:45

joel352 wrote:BTW I do like your drwaing of the BMW and the lambo police car in the background Wink

It's a HSV W427 with added supercharger.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Thu 23 May 2013 - 2:17

Covered nearly 200 miles today on the GTR.

Key in, switch on. Saw the sun rise. Drank tea. Got hot. Got cold. Ate burgers. Battled city traffic. Crossed five counties. Three moors. Countless rivers. Ran with Ninja, with Bandits, a Chief, a Hornet and even a Monster. Fuel stop. Open roads, country roads, cobbled roads and this-isn't-a-road roads. Hills. Valleys. Ocean. Warm engine. Hot brakes. Taking breaks. Resonating in tunnels, and being a tiny red speck on the land. Being invisible among other bikes. Being outstanding in places inhabited only by sheep and ponies. Tired shoulders. More miles. Strange roads. Familiar roads. Saw the sun set. Switch off, key out.

#cloudstuff 15c6mt
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Thu 23 May 2013 - 14:11

Cloud. wrote:Covered nearly 200 miles today on the GTR.

Key in, switch on. Saw the sun rise. Drank tea. Got hot. Got cold. Ate burgers. Battled city traffic. Crossed five counties. Three moors. Countless rivers. Ran with Ninja, with Bandits, a Chief, a Hornet and even a Monster. Fuel stop. Open roads, country roads, cobbled roads and this-isn't-a-road roads. Hills. Valleys. Ocean. Warm engine. Hot brakes. Taking breaks. Resonating in tunnels, and being a tiny red speck on the land. Being invisible among other bikes. Being outstanding in places inhabited only by sheep and ponies. Tired shoulders. More miles. Strange roads. Familiar roads. Saw the sun set. Switch off, key out

Sounds like biker heaven.... or hell depending on the bike Smile
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 May 2013 - 17:59

Heaven .............. DEFINITELY Cool Cool Cool

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 5:21

I've spent ten days away from home, away from internet, away from everything work and just been out and about on the bike. It's been okay. But now I'm out of money and almost out of fuel.

Also the bike developed play in the steering head bearings.
Hopefully tightening it up will do the business, and I wont have to dismantle the front end.

#cloudstuff 2u7c58n
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 21:22

I think we've all been out enjoying the Sun , making the most of warm , dry roads Cool

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Wed 10 Jul 2013 - 3:11

#cloudstuff 2nvvukg
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Wed 10 Jul 2013 - 17:01

looking good. When I had my GT125R I never had L plates on. Ran it like that for 2 years. never got caught. Is that a EFI next to yours
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 0:29

Dunno. It's a 2011 model with a white rev counter.

In much better condition than my 2006 glue-and-cable-ties horrorshow.

All anyone ever sees is the L plate. I may as well be riding around on a CG125.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 11:21

Refresh on the GTR:

- new Pirelli tyres - finished
- new brake pads
- new brake fluid
- new mirrors
- air filter
- new exhaust system - finished
- new spark plugs
- crash bungs
- oil filter and oil change
- tank rubber mounts
- clutch plates and gasket
- rear brake disc - finished
- braided brake hoses
- larger 250 oil cooler
- new brake caliper pistons and seals
- general fairing tidy-up

Most of this is still a work-in-progress. But it's getting some serious money thrown at it to get it through winter.

Last edited by Cloud. on Thu 17 Oct 2013 - 7:58; edited 1 time in total
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 11:34

Which brake disc did you get ? Did you keep to standard Hyo or have you gone for something a little more exotic like EBC or Armstrong ?

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 11:48

Disc is still on my list of things I need to buy, but I'm going for an Armstrong wavy disc. Eventually I'll do the same for the front but that's for further down the line. The rear disc needs replacing soon, so I'm gonna get a pretty one when I've got some more money from selling off more Yamaha parts.

I have en exhaust pipe on this side now. Ignore the brake fluid puddle on the ground.

#cloudstuff 2j1lnqs
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 11:54

Looks cool with that pipe there ............. is it a twin system ( one either side ) or have you just had the single pipe swapped over ? Who did it for you ( Motounion pipes etc. ) ,did you do it yourself ? Which end cans have you used ?

I'm just getting in all the questions before everyone else does Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

The Armstrong discs look REALLY COOL ........... I want a set of those myself when I have the cash ( but as I'm still off work yet , that may be a while off Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  )

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 12:05

It's a twin escape, there's one either side. The whole system is made by a Spanish company called Turbo Kit, and bent into shape by me using hammers, disc cutters and welders, hence why I've painted it - I upset the stainless coating on the not-stainless pipes. Also I had to lose the rear footpegs, there's just no way it'd line up with them on. That means for the next MOT the rear seat will have to go as well, but that's fine since I never have and never would take a pillion. It's seriously light, almost silent until the baffles are out (I'll be keeping them in until I can be bothered with jetting again) and it's a 2:2 system so the two escapes are totally independent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI7RVlZdAkg

I'll be going twin Armstrong wavy discs when I do the front brakes. Other far-off projects include getting the new 2013 nose-cone and headlight, so I'll have the old 2006 era tail piece with the rear lamp below the tail rather than inside it, but the sexy new front end. Should be fairly unique.

Still no idea what colour I want it to end up.

#cloudstuff Ofstgj
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 16:37

Are they the new angel GTs. Are they going on your bike. There what I was looking at geting for the gsxr befor I got BT023s. You will have to do a bit of a wright up on them
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 16:56

I've never really liked Bridgestone, even on cars. Despite being fanatical about pressures, my Virago stripped a G508 bare in less than 7000 miles and it wasn't brilliant in the wet, nowhere near as good as the Pirelli Sport Demon that I had on my Gilera. I also run Pirelli MT75 as road inters on my race bike, and the only time I've ever broken traction on those was after hitting a light dusting of gravel at 100mph or so, and even when the bike was dancing, there was still intuitive enough handling for me to wrangle it back with closed eyes and pure nervous-system reflexes.

One problem I have that you will not have on the GS is that I can't get a matching pair of Pirelli. They do Angel ST/GT in my rear size, but not in the front. They have Diablo Rosso II in the correct size for my front rim, but not for the rear. So I've got an Angel on the back and a Devil on the front.

Being a good couple of steps up from the MT75s in terms of stickiness, both should work well in the wet. I hope!
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 11:51

This arrived today. £85.
Also got HH rated sintered pads to go with it.

#cloudstuff 9b9m6c
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 12:47

That looks awesome ............... I'm proper jealous Wink 

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin