Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

miss my old 250

2 posters

Go down

miss my old 250 Empty miss my old 250

Post by Commuter Wed 28 Oct 2015 - 18:30

My old 250 was unceremoniously trashed by a cager not looking where they were going. It resulted in my wife banning me from riding to work on any bike from october 2011 until June of this year whereupon the ban was lifted.
I now get to work on a big BMW tourer. The experience of such a machine is entirely different to the hyo 2 1/2.
The BMW handles extremely well, I have been routinely decking it on roundabouts but it is ponderous and nowhere near as quick steering as the 250 hyo. The other thing about the BMW is it has a road presence which many people want to make space for. The hyo on the other hand, could be threaded through the eye of a needle and would never deck out no matter that I fitted a centre stand to it. I would say that on average I would ride the hyo faster than the BMW even though the BMW has bags more capacity and power.
 Smaller isn't necessarily less.
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

miss my old 250 Empty Re: miss my old 250

Post by pepperami Thu 19 May 2016 - 23:07

Bigger is certainly not always better.
Like you I also have a bigger bike (ZX6r) with bags more power than my GT 250r efi .
However I find my 250 more fun to ride and I have no idea why.
My ZX6r is point -squirt and you`re there!, the little 250 and it always seems like a journey Very Happy

pepperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Mon 3 Oct 2016 - 20:44

A year down the line with the BMW and I 've put 7000 miles on it in a year. Its ok but i put about the same amount of miles on my hyo in half the amount of time. People may doubt this but the BMW takes a lot more looking after than the hyo 2 1/2 did.
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum