Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Member. - Page 2 Empty Re: New Member.

Post by AJC Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 19:45

Not done ANYTHING - I'm becoming a bit of a cruiser these days!!
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by gryphongryphon Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 22:00

Right ok, no problem.

gryphongryphon

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC Tue 24 Mar 2015 - 13:29

I'm even getting it serviced at the dealer....well, it's in for new tyres anyway, so, may as well be lazy!!
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by gryphongryphon Tue 24 Mar 2015 - 13:51

I was trained and work as a mechanical engineer so I have no excuse but to do my own .

gryphongryphon

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:43

Ha! Ha! - My Dad's a retired mechanic, so I've messed around plenty, even built a kit car, but hey, ho, lazy days.......
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 28 Mar 2015 - 20:22

Welcome to the forum John  Cool

Good looking bike you have there  Wink

I have an MTC can on my bike too ....... I love the popping on the over-run ( even pops when you pull the clutch in , once the baffle is out  Twisted Evil )

Keep meaning to change the front sprocket to a 14 tooth but always seem to end up doing something else first  Embarassed

Just keep an eye on your electrics and you should be fine ( Hyos' are notorious for going through reg/recs , batteries and stators  Shocked Shocked )

That's actually my 650R at the top of the page in the forum header (although it's changed a little bit now ) ...... modding is a little bit like eating Pringles - once you pop you can't stop  lol! lol! lol!

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by gryphongryphon Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 21:29

Thanks Baz,I like the character of the MTC , had one on an XJR and it did the same on that too:) popping and banging a bit, doesnt do any harm for other road users to be able to see and hear you coming.I really would recommend the sprocket change it really has all the power I need for the road , overtaking, effortlessly. I have a lot of bikes XJR1200, Bandit 1200,and some 600s, my favourite was the Fazer 600 and this GT650 is as good now, very happy with, they are definitely under rated.Pretty much finished with modding, except for the possible tail tidy mod, but as is it carries a light that illuminates the number plate, more visible as is maybe and doesnt look that bad.Next winter will probably paint the callipers with Gold heat resistant caliper paint I have.Thats about it , till I think of something else:) Just one point about the sprocket chain, wondering if that might have invalidate my insurance by not informing them!!

gryphongryphon

Back to top Go down

Post by gryphongryphon Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 21:34

Just to correct my spelling in that last sentence:) as I dont seem to be able to edit it.
"Just one point about the sprocket change , wondering if that might have invalidated my insurance by not informing them of the change."

Haven't had any trouble with the electrics at all so far, fingers crossed:)

gryphongryphon

Back to top Go down

Post by gryphongryphon Tue 31 Mar 2015 - 21:35

Just had a look at your bike pics, Baz, very smart..

gryphongryphon

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Wed 1 Apr 2015 - 10:16

Don't worry about the insurance. When I had my accident on my gt125r, I diddnt tell them about the full exhaust system or the tinted screen and a few bits of carbon fibre. They just fixed it anyway. Smile
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by gryphongryphon Wed 1 Apr 2015 - 17:38

Hi Joel, I dont think your mods were performance enhancing though unless the exhaust was , sprocket change gives it more Oomph:)

gryphongryphon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 1 Apr 2015 - 23:05

gryphongryphon wrote:Just had a look at your bike pics, Baz, very smart..

Cheers John  Wink

Last time I changed my chain and sprockets , I went for a Renthal lightweight front sprocket ( they don't list one for the Hyo but using the J.T.Sprockets web site I found another bike that uses the same sprocket .... in this case I picked the Z750 from a list of about 8 bikes )  Smile

Can't get a rear one though , the Hyo is on it's own there ( surprise , surprise ) Crying or Very sad

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2