Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

idle problems?

+2
Admin
pepperami
6 posters

Go down

idle problems? Empty idle problems?

Post by pepperami Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 13:47

Hello, I wonder if anybody else has had a similar problem, and how did they solve it.

After my GT 250r EFI came out of it`s winter sleep and I was getting it ready for this years trips out, it has developed a slow idle problem.
I am in the process of obtaining a new slow idle sensor.
But what I want to ask is , Has anybody ever had trouble with their ECU/power commander.

Also does anybody know of anyone who deals with hyosung electronics?

Thank you for any guidance you can give me .

pepperami

Back to top Go down

idle problems? Empty Re: idle problems?

Post by Admin Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 14:44

Sorry mate , not much help to you myself ............. mine's carb  Neutral

As for an auto electrician or similar ........ can't say as I know of any that deal with Hyos

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pepperami Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 18:56

So sad that Hyosungs are not properly supported in this country.
A decent bike that has been blighted by the bad press surrounding Chinese bikes?
I know this because EVERY time I tell someone I own a Hyosung, they reply  "Oh they`re Chinese are`nt they? they`re shit"
Even though they have never ridden a Hyosung or a Chinese bike, they tell me this.

Because of this, it`s hard to find any shops or dealers prepared to even think of taking on work on a Hyosung Sad

Does no-one know if there is an after-market ECU`s for these bikes?

pepperami

Back to top Go down

Post by NickC Mon 2 Feb 2015 - 12:44

I had my 250 for two years and only electrical things I had to change were the battery and reg/rec it was kept outside under a cover most of the time and never suffered from any idle problems Smile

do you have a video of it running ? did you periodically start it while you were not using it ?
NickC
NickC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 14:31

pepperami wrote:So sad that Hyosungs are not properly supported in this country.
A decent bike that has been blighted by the bad press surrounding Chinese bikes?
I know this because EVERY time I tell someone I own a Hyosung, they reply  "Oh they`re Chinese are`nt they? they`re shit"
Even though they have never ridden a Hyosung or a Chinese bike, they tell me this.

Because of this, it`s hard to find any shops or dealers prepared to even think of taking on work on a Hyosung Sad

Does no-one know if there is an after-market ECU`s for these bikes?

That's absolutely spot on Pepperami ................... for the last 2-3 years we didn't even have an official importer as Barrus dropped the brand  Shocked Shocked

I have heard rumours of a new importer but I can't seem to find any info on this to see if it's true or not  Neutral Neutral

'' Chinese aren't they ? '' and '' isn't that the one with the Suzuki engine ? '' are the two most asked questions I get AND IT PISSES ME OFF  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

When will people learn these bikes are KOREAN for fooksake ............ and NO it hasn't got a Suzuki SV engine .............. YES , it's a 650cc water cooled V-twin but that doesn't mean it's an SV ............  YES , even though Hyosung DID used to manufacture engine parts for the early , carburetted SV under licence for Suzuki but that doesn't make it an SV either ............... By that thinking the isn't your BMW S1000RR , Suzuki GSXR1000 , Kawasaki ZX10R , Yamaha R1 etc. using a HONDA engine ............ 'cos let's face it Honda were the first manufacturer of the the large capacity inline four with the CB750 in the late 60's ..... so that must mean EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER COPIED Honda  cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops

Rant Over  lol! lol! lol!

As for the ECU ........ I haven't heard of an aftermarket version yet or even if another bikes' will fit ( it's an expensive part to experiment with  Wink )

Plus , the first versions ( from 2008 upto about 2010 , though I'm nor definite about the date of the last ones ) have a different ECU to the later models ................. I believe from around 2010 the ECU uses a Daewoo item which on the Hyo parts websites retails around the £160-170 price range ................... however , my mate GeeMan needed a new ECU for his 2008 model 650 and was told his was a Mitsubishi item and was quoted ( get this  Shocked Shocked Shocked ) ............ £700-800 to replace it AND told he would have to wait as these ECUs' are now very rare and difficult to source  No No No No 

Things like that make it even more difficult to deal with ..................... 

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pepperami Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 19:25

This is the problem, I have good bike that does most things very well, but I lets itself down now with this idle problem Crying or Very sad.
So do I throw away £1500-2000 of bike because no fugker is interested in Hyosungs Crying or Very sad.

The next step is source the parts from abroad?
Has anybody had any dealings with this web-site?
http://www.hyosungsource.com/

Any help is appreciated

pepperami

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Wed 11 Feb 2015 - 21:13

on ebay there is the brand new shape 125 gtr so im guessing that someone is importing them but who I don't know.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYOSUNG-GTR-125-SPORTS-NEW-2-YEARS-WARRANTY-FINANCE-/181436472618?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a3e74dd2a

I never had any experience on the EFI versions of the GTR but on my GSXR the idle can be adjusted manually buy adjusting the quick idle screw. On my ducati it is done electronically through the dash but if you fancy a bit of technical play look around your throttle bodies to see if there is like an adjuster screw. I know on the carbys there was. I doubt that hyo made it only adjustable electronically like my hyper, there a little bit more user friendly.
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 21:35

Hyosungsource.com are pretty good .......... I've used them before for parts 

Delivery is pretty quick to say it comes from half way round the world  Wink

Better than some UK sources too  Rolling Eyes

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 12:55

MotoGB are the new UK importers, and the website has links to dealers - my local dealer (Portman Motors, Glasgow) is very enthusiastic, and is awaiting first bikes due in the next few weeks, so Hyo should be back in the UK!!

They seem to import Royal Enfield, Benelli and various Chinese bikes like Sym, Keeway and Daelim, so that may be where the dealer network is coming from.....

Have a look at - http://www.hyosunguk.co.uk/
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Thu 19 Feb 2015 - 13:29

About time. My dad is just getting back in to biking. I think buying the hyper made him want a bike again. That GT650R is just in his price range. I might be able to tempt him then I can use it as well. Very Happy
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC Wed 25 Feb 2015 - 13:13

I'm fairly recently back to biking (about 4 years now), and had bought a Suzuki SV650S, with similar low handlebars - result was sore back and wrists after only about 1/2 an hour riding.

Assuming your Dad is nearer my age than yours, make sure he can put up with the sportsbike riding position.... I had to change to my current GT650 Comet within 6 months, although I knew almost on the day I picked up the Suzuki that I'd made a mistake!! Wish I'd taken a longer test ride....
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 13:55

He bought a slabby gsxr over winter that we did a bit of work on but it wasn't so much his back as the clutch was just too heavy and the suspension was too hard. A mix of old shocks and old tech. We had a new clutch cable and gave the engine a once over but it didn't help. Even I struggled to hold in the clutch any length of time and it took some effort to pull it in so he might of made it to devils bride but he wouldn't of got back.
But he doesn't want a bandit he wants something racy
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Sat 28 Feb 2015 - 13:58

So the dilemma is to get a racy bike in his price range is either old bikes or new hyosung. Old bikes need more work or are too much trouble so I just need to kick him up the arse a little Very Happy Very Happy
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by Commuter Tue 24 Mar 2015 - 19:21

Idle problem... Just a thought... laid the bike up for winter and just left it for the fuel to turn to varnish? Best way to stop this from happening is to run the engine up once a month. Once you have the problem, you have to clean the varnish out of the system, either physically, scrubbing it out or with a little bit of luck injector cleaner.
Slab side GSXR. Fashion was to fit heavier clutch springs in order to allow the clutch to deal with the "awesome power" of the latest modified exhaust. In reality, it was to try to compensate for the ham fisted attempts of weekend heroes to make a quick getaway. To cure the heavy clutch, change the clutch springs back to standard.
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down