Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London mechanic.

2 posters

Go down

London mechanic. Empty London mechanic.

Post by Tony.n Wed 26 Aug 2015 - 11:53

Can anyone recommend a mechanic in central London who knows something about Hyosungs, the mechanic my insurance company took my bike to didn't know his arse from his elbow.

Tony.n

Back to top Go down

London mechanic. Empty Re: London mechanic.

Post by Commuter Wed 26 Aug 2015 - 18:51

I always did my own work Tony. P and P is the nearest member to me an he always did his own spannering too. I cant recommend a Hyo mechanic full stop. My bike was bought new from nightingales in Rugby and I read that during the first service, Hyosung recommended that the valve clearances be checked. I seriously doubted this and just to prove my point, when i took the bike in for its first service, I applied blobs of paint over the gasket joints for the valve covers. Sure enough , the seals were not broken when the bike was returned to me. So even a Hyo appointed outfit didnt do what Hyo recommended. 
 I drew the conclusion that A) There are a lot of people out there who are willing to take peoples money for doing very little in the way of work.B) The bikes themselves are well engineered and need only the minimum of attention in the way of servicing.
 By minimum of attention, I mean, change plugs, oil, filters and brake pads routinely. Change tyres, sprockets and chain as the need arises.
 Standard Hyo tyres are as hard as iron and last forever but have suicidal levels of grip in the wet, by the way.
 I suspect that the nearest good mechanic to where you live resides at your home address. If in doubt, Baz has posted the maintenance manuals for most models elsewhere on this forum. What you dont know, the manuals will tell you.
Commuter
Commuter

Back to top Go down