Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's not running right!!! (Hyosung GT125R 2007)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

It's not running right!!! (Hyosung GT125R 2007) - Page 2 Empty Re: It's not running right!!! (Hyosung GT125R 2007)

Post by Cloud. Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 3:12

Should be one of these bolted up in the bottom of your tank:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120640379634
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

It's not running right!!! (Hyosung GT125R 2007) - Page 2 Empty Re: It's not running right!!! (Hyosung GT125R 2007)

Post by DirectorSasuke Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 12:19

Ah.
Don't have one of those anywhere... .__.
I shall acquire it now! That would bolt into my current fuel port yeah?
Jesus I'm unprofessional :')
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

http://many..

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 17:38

It'll bolt in somehow, yes.

We all have to start somewhere. I remember my first car, I had a core plug go and thought it was the end of the world. Just put another fucking plug in and refill it with water. But before I knew anything about engines it was completely alien.

Now I'm really fucking old and my last bike got a total engine rebuild at the side of the A303. Nothing scares me any more. Except maybe gearboxes because they have lots of clippy things and slotty things and geary cog things and stuff that works in my head but is like trying to simultaneously pick up and place every piece of a jigsaw puzzle, all at once, without any of it falling apart. Also ignition units, since PCBs are as alien to me as engines used to be.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 17:47

Oh, and since you haven't taken your bike out for a proper run yet, you'll have to take my word for it, for now. It's totally worth it. 90% of riders will just write it off as a cheap Asian 125 like all the rest, maybe you'll get "not bad for a 125" from others.

It's not bad for a 125. It's actually outstanding for a 125. It's outstanding as a bike in general. It punches well above its weight in terms of enjoyment factor, the GT is by far and away the best commuter 125 out there, it gives both the CBF and and YBR an irreproachable drubbing in pretty much every measurable way. The GTR doesn't make such a good commuter, but it's better made than the YZF, and way better to ride than the CBR.

Basically, you might be having problems, but you bought the right bike.

Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 18:30

I got the bike thinking "My word this is going to knock a few years off of my life" but I really didn't care, nor do I now. I'm inexplicably happy to have it, despite the fact I haven't driven it further than my road up and down with a noisy twat shouting "ILLEGAL!!" at me.. To be fair, it was kind of obvious that it was, no plate with no fairings and all. People, eh?
I put my main body fairings on tonight for the first time, as I haven't actually seen the bike fully faired in person yet... Yeah...
I've put a little video up just to show how non existent this tap is, along with how it sounds. I apologize for the audio quality though, bloody phone.. But even with the horrid quality, you can tell it's not quite there in terms of running.. Think the tap will fix that problemo?
Technically the carbs are now synced too.. It's getting close!
I'm the opposite mate, I know enough to keep my and my friends bikes on the road but am clueless when it comes to this stuff, but I build computers and all that day in, day out! XD

It's not running right!!! (Hyosung GT125R 2007) - Page 2 Img_2013[/url]
I really want it to be worth the wait, I genuinely cannot wait to get out on the road on this thing.. A scooter is all well and good.. buuuuut. Yeah.
Question is, will it be able to keep up with a Suzuki RV125 van van? I have no idea on the performance, however I assume it'll be slow on the uptake due to the SV500 frame it sports..

Thanks again for the support dude.. I'm literally bouncing :')
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 19:46

I've seen that bike around before.

You should beast a Van Van once you've got it running right. I'm not the best rider, average at best, but I've outrun bikes up to 650cc in the right conditions. It's much less frantic than my race bike, in comparison it feels like riding in slo-mo, but when you lean that bitch right down to the ground she'll carry every bit as much speed as a GSXR thou through the corners.

Take it easy until you're confident.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 21:21

You make me more excited by the second!!
Can't wait for this petcock.. Get that fitted instantly and I'll be changing the tyres! I'm also on the hunt for a rear brake light sensor, the part down by the rear brake that activates the light.. My one is in bits and rusted..
And the exhaust.. theres a leak on the end can, bloody blue flame :c Hopefully I can fix that up with some sealant, and the fact that its rubbing on the bloody swingarm.
And the indicators... and the bolts... Okay there is still a fair amount to sort!
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 21:50

Well I had a GT125R and now I have a GSXR 750 K6. I still miss my Hyo.
I feel like the Hyo was a little bit more enjoyable to ride in some way. I cannot put down what it is but once you are riding it around you'll get the feeling, and I miss all the bikers coming over for a look at the bike meats and asking questions. Now every man and his dog have a GSXR so no one comes to look any more unless they spot the carbon Akra.
My Hyo would keep up with my GSXR in the corners any day and I still think my Hyo sounds better than my GSXR. It had more of a thud to it.

And don't let anyone tell you that Hyos are crap because currently my GSXR is sat in a bike shop with immobiliser issues and the fecker wont run for longer than 5 seconds. And it has had to have a stator replacement as well so even the big jap bikes fuck up from time and again. And a Hyosung will be a hell of a lot cheaper to fix as well. Razz 
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:04

Get a Hyo as a project bike! Very Happy Go nuts!
Sorry to hear about your gsxr ><
I'm considering probably slapping a 250 in the Hyo when the time comes to the need for a bit more kick when everyone else is running away on ninjas and r6's..

I also discovered yet another issue just now.. When you stick the bike into gear, it kills the engine. Not the type of engine kill when you put the stand down, as you can't turn the bike over at all. This problem lets you crank the engine, but with no power, but then when you pop it back into neutral its fine.. Let it sit for a while then it'll happily let you put it in gear.. Urm, wat?
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by joel352 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:12

That sounds like a Hyosung side stand switch failure. Squirt it with WD40 and push it up and down and then give it another squirt. See if it helps. If you want a more permanent solution then follow the wire up the frame unplug it and get a bit of wire with two spade connectors on to complete the circuit. Tap it up and it will never happen again.
joel352
joel352

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:15

That's what I thought, I did that and still got the issue. It's weird, different from the side stand as I can put the stand down with it in gear, and you can't start it, put the stand up and you can crank it with no ignition, pop it in neutral and it starts. So confusing :S
First things first, wait for that vacuum tap to arrive so I can stop the bloody hydrolock.. Then make it sound like that V twin Hyo I've always wanted to own.. Right now it sounds like a poorly executed chinese single cylinder.. Refer to youtube video on page 2 :S
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 6:57

DirectorSasuke wrote:You make me more excited by the second!!
If it'll help excite you less, don't expect it to suddenly sound like a Harley Davidson.Your bike is running stronger on one cylinder than the other, that much is obvious, but it's not going to sound much different when it's all working correctly.

They sound crap: https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk/t45-make-some-noize

When you're done we'll have to meet up in Bristol or somewhere and go for a bit of a run.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 10:37

Haha your hacked up danmoto sounds awesome in comparison to this! XD I'm just looking for that vtwin sound c: I don't want the harley noise, not on the Hyo, just something that sounds alot better than what its currently doing. :')
Yeah that sounds good dude! I'll make a trip of it or something Very Happy
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:18

Oh dear, help!
Just recieved the vacuum petcock.. The fuel filter part which presumably slides inside the tank is way too large! Won't fit at all :/ I'm unsure at this point, what have I done? D: Help!
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:27

Just had another realization... the tank has the fuel line connect to the vacuum pump.. Is that not also my petcock? As fuel does not flow unless the engine is running..
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:33

I hate to be a pain in the ass, can anyone with the gt125r compare what's underneath their tank? As I'm looking online and people are saying that the 125rs petcock is what is already on the bike, adding to the mystery of where that bloody pipe goes..
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud. Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 23:36

Okay.

Do you have one of the things you just bought already?
If you don't, then you need one.

The fuel pump is not the fuel tap.
Cloud.
Cloud.

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 0:06

I did not before no, I purchased it however it does not fit to the tank, the tap filter which I assume goes into the tank is way too large for my tank.
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectorSasuke Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 20:34

Update...
That hydro locking...
Found 3 litres of petrol in my oil pan...
Whoop.
DirectorSasuke
DirectorSasuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2