Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake Upgrade

+2
dragonpage
Admin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brake Upgrade  - Page 2 Empty Re: Brake Upgrade

Post by Admin Sun 6 May 2018 - 19:26

Hi guys ....... been a while Wink

Well , after all this time I think it's time for an update ............ earlier this year I rode down to a Hyosung meet organised by Pete Green on the Facebook group '' UK Hyosung Owners Club '' .... so in preparation I replaced the front brake pads as they were getting well worn by this time . Also decided to change my brake and clutch levers too Wink

Brake Upgrade  - Page 2 2ps4oap

Brake Upgrade  - Page 2 10eljzp

Well ....... all I can say is WOW  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The new levers must have a different angle or the cams are set different because now I can set the span adjusters to No.2 or 3 whereas my old ones ( especially the brake lever HAD to be on 6 or I trapped my fingers when '' 2 finger braking '' .......... this should also allow some adjustment as the pads eventually wear down . MORE THAN HAPPY  Cool Cool Cool 

Next project then ........ now it's time to upgrade the rear caliper  Smile  Sticking to a Hyosung caliper for now until I can either source a Nissin that fits the hanger or I can get a new hanger made ............. BUT before you all flame me  Laughing Laughing  I am changing to a newer 2015 model opposed piston caliper rather than sticking with the old twin piston sliding jobby that I have now , so that also means changing the old MAHOOSIVE hanger for the newer , smaller hanger so hopefully ( when it turns up - as it s still in the post  Rolling Eyes ) , it will also be a little bit lighter  Wink

I'll try and keep you updated a little bit better than I have done of late  Embarassed Embarassed

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 20 May 2018 - 17:23

Well , the rear caliper and bracket have finally turned up ....... and I'm pretty chuffed with it  Cool

Haven't had time to fit it yet but will be doing in the next few weeks ..... my MOT is due mid June so hopefully have done by then  Wink

Got the idea from a guy on Korider.com who did it to his GT650R also and according to him I will need a shorter rear brake line than the stock 650 .......... more than likely then a stock 250 line will fit ( as long as it's for the 2015 model ) ....... failing that I may just have a braided steel hose made up for it ( I have Goodridge lines on the front at present ...... 2 lines straight from M/cylinder ) .

I used to have a 3 line HEL set up so I may find that one of those lines may fit ( once I dig them out  Laughing Laughing )

Brake Upgrade  - Page 2 2ajattj

Hopefully the smaller hanging bracket will be lighter than the 650 item ..... if not then a few holes drilled through won't go amiss  Wink

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 20 May 2018 - 17:33

Once I get this rear brake sorted , I may just tell you about these  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Brake Upgrade  - Page 2 34gq3hh

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 21:31

Hi guys ...... been a while since I have been on the forum .... has as been said before , there is more interest in the Facebook and Instagram pages nowadays so sadly the forum gets a bit neglected .
Anyhow .... the rear brake caliper has now been fitted along with a HEL braided steel brake hose .... I already had this in the spares box as it was one of a set of 3 lines I used to have on the front ( was a 3 line set to suit a Comet / naked bike brake set-up with the splitter under the bottom yoke ) .
The caliper actually comes off the GD250 and NOT a GT/GTR but is SOOOO much better than the original Very Happy

Brake Upgrade  - Page 2 2u546di
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 5 Jan 2020 - 19:52

* UPDATE *

Hi guys ..... had a hectic few months so updates have been neglected sorry to say Sad

Just came onto the forum tonight and realised ALL my photos have vanished ....... turns out the photo hosting site I used has ceased operating and I missed all the notices , so not only have I lost all my pics on the forum I have lost ALL my pics on the host site . Luckily most of them are saved to my laptop already ( the ones that aren't were not that important/sentimental if memory serves me well ) .

Once I have found myself a new host site , I'll go my posts and put them all back ( if I can remember which pic goes where Laughing Laughing Laughing )
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2