ECU remap help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ECU remap help!

Post by GeorgeMorozPWRR on Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 11:20

Hello all, I have a 12' Hyo GT125Rand I have added an aftermarket exhaust and a K&N air filter, I'm also going to add a 46 teeth rear sprocket to get my heavy ass of the line quicker, anyway I have been looking to get it remapped but its the same story everywhere I try and find, "we don't have the software, sorry." anyone know anywhere I can get it remapped?

GeorgeMorozPWRR

Back to top Go down

Re: ECU remap help!

Post by Admin on Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 21:11

Absolutely nowhere mate ........... ALL 125 HYOS' ARE CARBURETTED NOT FUEL INJECTED , so it can't be re-mapped  Neutral 

It can however be RE-JETTED ............... so first off , have you just replaced the end can or have you changed the pipes as well on your exhaust ? 

Depending on what you have changed will determine what size jets you will need  Wink 

Can't remember off hand , exactly what the standard size jets are for the 125's ( I've only ever had the 650 ) , bit would hazard a guess , you will need something in the region of 92 front and 97 rear on your mains and probably around 17.5 on your pilot jets ........... DON'T TAKE THIS AS GOSPEL  Wink  Wink  Wink 

These are sizes used by someone else who had a FULL MOTOUNION exhaust system on and a desnorkeled airbox rather than a K&N , so you may find these don't work for you .......... the jets themselves are relatively inexpensive so you can afford to buy a few different sizes and change them as you need  Wink 

Hope this helps  and welcome to the forum Very Happy 

Baz

http://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeMorozPWRR on Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 23:18

i thought that past 09 or sommin like that were all efi? (bit of a novice mechanic, if you could even call me that) but under the seat you've got the ecu? but you're saying that i should jet the carbs? i was actuallly going to do that about six months ago until i saw that it was efi. i got some jets for about 20 quid but returned them...schoolboy aha. i live around kingston upon thames outside london, any garages i can go to that could do the dirty work for me? and thanks for the warm welcoming! ...and the help Very Happy

GeorgeMorozPWRR

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeMorozPWRR on Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 23:19

oh and yeah just the end can, no new down pipes unfortunately. its a dynamic can that i found on the old internet, nice can as well, and i havent done anything to my airbox, just changed the filter

GeorgeMorozPWRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 9:58

Yeah , the 650's went from carb to efi in 2008 in UK and the 250's followed suit a little later ..... so you're kind of right , it's just the 125's stayed with carbs all the time  Wink 

As for places in Kingston ........ sorry mate I'm from " Oop Norf " so I haven't a clue ....... the only place I've heard of London way is a place called T.Northeast but I haven't a clue where abouts it is  Crying or Very sad 

Baz

http://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeMorozPWRR on Tue 24 Jun 2014 - 12:37

cheers baz! so helpful its unreal, could this also be the reason that when i first start it up, it revs to about 5,000 then stops, then follows al the way through after a couple of seconds? slightly concerning aha, but when its warm it doesnt do it, anyway i'll give it a shot n see how it goes!  Very Happy Very Happy

GeorgeMorozPWRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top