Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello from sunny blackpool

4 posters

Go down

hello from sunny blackpool Empty hello from sunny blackpool

Post by nuttybumble Thu 19 Jun 2014 - 23:45

well hello.

thought i would introduce myself .
im michelle and have just become the new owner of a 2007 gv650.  cheers 

hopefully get to learn more  about my bike and no doubt batter a few heads for advice at some  point  haha  Laughing
nuttybumble
nuttybumble

Back to top Go down

hello from sunny blackpool Empty Re: hello from sunny blackpool

Post by Admin Sat 21 Jun 2014 - 19:56

Hi Michelle and welcome to the forum  Cool 

Saw your bike on Facebook and commented on the colour  Wink  

Just keep an eye on your electrics ( the battery is a weak point on Hyos' ) and you should be fine but feel free to ask questions / batter heads any time  Smile 

I'm just down the M6 in Manchester but pop up to Southport to the Carousel on a regular basis so may see you there some time  Wink 

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttybumble Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:50

Looking forward to getting out on the bike after mot tomorrow.

I was told only the other day to replace the battery if its still the original coz they are pants
nuttybumble
nuttybumble

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 10:39

YAY!!!!!! Another gv650 owner!!!! Welcome mate, and have fun with that beast i fucking luv mine!!
I'm not sure on your riding level but has taken me a while to get used to this bike but its awesome I'm leaning mine further and further to the point now I'm catching the foot pegs on the tarmac, bearing in mind I've put yamy 1000 pegs on Smile
sorry bout the language but i just really luv this bike Smile
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttybumble Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 11:31

Lol dont think I will be going for the knee down now.
Just been out on It, for the first time, to get mot done and actually enjoyed the short ride there and back.
Only little niggle I noticed is wants to creep forward in first gear with clutch in and wont go into neutral from first unless engine is off.
nuttybumble
nuttybumble

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonpage Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 12:29

Have to say, mine doesn't have that problem so might wanna look into it!
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 20:33

nuttybumble wrote:Lol dont think I will be going for the knee down now.
Just been out on It, for the first time,  to get mot done and actually enjoyed the short ride there and back.
Only little niggle I noticed is wants to creep forward in first gear with clutch in and wont go into neutral from first unless engine is off.  

Ah yes ............. forgot to mention  Embarassed  , Hyos' also need to have the clutch adjusted correctly and are generally a bit of a bugger to get into neutral ( mainly down to being a V-twin and not 'cos they are cheap as some may try and tell you  Wink  )

Best way to adjust your clutch is remove any adjustment from the lever and take all the slack up from the other end of the cable , where it connects to the engine ( just follow the cable from the lever  Very Happy  )............... any fine tuning can then be done at the lever . A good quality oil will also help , as will regular oil changes ............. I use Castrol Power 1 10W40 Semi Synthetic ( DON'T USE FULLY SYNTHETIC  , it will cause your clutch to slip )  Wink 

Hope this helps a little  Cool 

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tommunro95 Mon 25 Aug 2014 - 11:59

Hi

Just got a gt125r 2013 in white and red.First ever bike, although having problem getting the bike in neutral once ive come to a stop , has anyone got a solution to this , its as if its locking up but when I accelerate its perfect ! got a few plans for the bike and hopefully going to drop a gt250r engine in it but still have it registered as a 125 which two of my friends have both had Cool

tommunro95

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Aug 2014 - 14:22

Welcome to the forum Chief  Cool

Follow the instructions in my post above and you shouldn't go far wrong  Wink

Can't blame you for wanting more power ......... it's not the speed from a bigger engine you need but the pulling power ( more BHP means more torque also ) as they say enough power to get you out of trouble as well as into it Laughing .......... but as this is a PUBLIC forum I would be remiss if I were to condone your actions ( as what you plan is ILLEGAL ) ........... SO as for LEGAL PURPOSES be aware that your insurance will be void if you ever have to make a claim ( where an insurance assessor has to pay you a visit you could come unstuck ) meaning they won't pay out  AND also your licence will be invalid ( as you must have a FULL licence to ride a 250 ), which could mean big trouble from the boys in blue ( NO licence , NO insurance that's big money fine and major points or ban )  Crying or Very sad

Now that's out of the way , if you decide to go ahead with the engine swap , I'm sure there will be plenty of members off here and the UK Hyosung Owners Club on Facebook that will be more than willing to help you with parts , advice etc.  Cool

Congratulations on the new bike by the way  Wink

I've owned my 650 from new back in '07 and I still love it despite all it's faults  Very Happy Very Happy

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down