Hyosung GB Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello to Everyone

3 posters

Go down

Hello to Everyone Empty Hello to Everyone

Post by AJC Wed 21 May 2014 - 13:34

Just a quick hello from a new member up here in Scotland.  I bought my GT650 last year, great bike, and hopefully I'll get all the information I need here to keep it that way ..... Wink
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Hello to Everyone Empty Re: Hello to Everyone

Post by dragonpage Thu 22 May 2014 - 18:24

should do mate, although i think the facebook site gets used more now!
anyway, welcome to the club Smile
dragonpage
dragonpage

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:20

Thanks for your replies - interesting about the 'soft' brake pads, fronts look OK so far, but I better keep an eye on them!

Hmmm, I've managed to avoid Facebook, and social media generally, so far, but maybe it's time I came up to date.......

Cheers!
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 23 May 2014 - 20:12

Welcome to the forum Chief  Wink 

Glad to have another 650 onboard ( I was beginning to feel lonely  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  )

Had mine from new in 2007 ( see here )

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk/t7-bazza-s-bike

So if I can help in any way , feel free to ask  Smile 

Brake pads ........ it was the rear ones on mine that failed first , the pad material actually fell off the back plate with less than 2000 miles use  Shocked  Shocked 

Swapped to EBC FA86 which improved braking 10 fold  Cool Some recommend FA86HH instead (which is the sintered version ) as these are harder wearing and can offer slightly better braking ( although this is subjective  Wink  )............ the downside to sintered pads is they wear the brake discs quicker .

Quite a lot of people say braided hoses are the best upgrade for better brakes but changing to good quality pads is the key ( along with keeping the calipers clean and well maintained ) ........... hoses will certainly help but change the pads first  Cool 

Hope this helps ( and you haven't nodded off while I ramble on  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  )

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC Tue 27 May 2014 - 12:32

Always happy to ramble on about bikes!

I got replacement pads from a local independent bike shop - Jim Allan Motorcycles, Falkirk rather than the one Hyosung dealer we have left here in the West of Scotland, and noticed they were sintered spec - will just have to run the risk on the disks.... which are smooth but seem to have a grooved profile anyway, never seen that before, so probably just worn? Add to my to-do list.

My bike is standard except for dealer fitted hugger and tail tidy with LED back light and mini indicators. Pretty happy with it as it is, I like the 'streetfighter' look and fairly upright riding position, and it's more than fast enough for me!

Any problems, you'll be the first to know.....

Alex.
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 27 May 2014 - 14:43

I'm running sintered pads on mine at the minute anyway ( I can't see them wearing the discs out that much quicker to be honest ) but hey ....... if they do , I have got the perfect excuse to replace them with some Armstrong wavy discs ( can't justify spending almost £300 to the missus just for the sake of it  Laughing  Laughing  )

Baz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://hyogboc.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum